What’s the first thing you think about when you hear the word Diwali – Sweets? Parties? Fun with family and friends? What is one thing you probably never think about during Diwali? EXERCISE! Many people often find it difficult to stick to their diet and workout routine during the festive season. If you too have a hard time finding the balance between fitness and fun, here are 8 tips to stay fit during Diwali without missing out on the festivities!
- Don’t have the time to fit in a 60-minute workout? Exercise for 30 minutes. Can’t do that either? Do a quick 15-minute high-intensity workout. You can even go for short walks throughout the week to stay active. Track your walks with the StepSetGo app to stay consistent.
- One of the easiest tips to stay fit during Diwali is to drink enough water throughout the day. Staying hydrated helps prevent over-eating, flushes out excess sodium, and reduces bloating.
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night to keep your hunger hormones in check and reduce your cravings for unhealthy foods.
- Find healthier alternatives for mithais and fried snacks. Following this tip for Diwali is a great way to reduce your calorie intake while still enjoying your favourite foods.
Related – 3 Guilt-Free Diwali Snack Recipes
- Limit liquid calories by reducing your intake of sugary drinks.
- Chew your food thoroughly and eat slowly. This highly underrated tip is overlooked by most people but can be a game changer in your fitness journey, especially during the festive season.
- Eat a diet that is rich in protein and fibre as these foods increase satiety and help you feel fuller for longer.
- Want to know the most important tip for staying fit during Diwali? Have fun! Join in the preparations and celebrations, go shopping with your friends, help your family with chores around the house, and dance with your loved ones! These sneaky ways of staying active will help you burn calories without it feeling like a chore.